To ensure that FHEC and its personnel can deliver on the Commissions eleven (11) mandated functions under its promulgation
To be a strategic proactive business partner with other sections of FHEC and with external bodies and organizations in helping to find the “Strategic & Operational fit” for FHEC in the oversight management of Fiji’s higher education sector.
General Objectives and Functions
- To ensure that the Secretariat is adequately resourced at all times.
- That the HR is well catered for within the given circumstances to deliver on the mandated functions through their section and individual efforts.
- CS will facilitate the administrative operations (HR and Financial) that support other core sections /professional sections (Budget, Planning.
- CS will develop the IT capability of FHEC to enable FHEC to develop its own capabilities to be able to manage the Higher Education Sector.
- CS will also assist in establishing collaboration with HEI’s.
- CS will have rules to govern how it facilitates its role but move quickly to adopting commercial and progressive behavior consistent with managing a vibrant business sector.
- CS perceives Fiji’s higher education sector as a business organization operating in a multi-national environment and FHEC should therefore respond accordingly.
- CS will support with speed, decisiveness and have sufficient discretion and adequate ratification from the Commission with regard to its operations “in a commercial way”.
- CS should participate actively in managing the funds channeled to the HE Sector using the various diverse talents within the section.
- Outsourcing of critical tasks/assignments will be pursued where there are comparative advantages to do so.
- Contribute to strategic planning.
Mode of Operation
- Respond enthusiastically to changes.
- Respond smartly to new innovation.
- Be effective & efficient.
- Operate legal.
- Operate ethically.